This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's my new blog...


Well... a bit more colorful than the last one. I wanted something that was completely seperate from planet JstreetZine so here it is... tell me what you think.

Some interesting bits on my blogs' title from Wikipedia:

A nibble (or less commonly, nybble) is the computing term for the aggregation of four bits, or half an octet (an octet being an 8-bit byte). As a nibble contains four bits, there are sixteen (24) possible values, so a nibble corresponds to a single hexadecimal digit (thus, it is often referred to as a "hex digit" or "hexit").

The term "nibble" originates from the fact that the term "byte" is a pun on the English word "bite". A nibble is a small bite, which in this context is humourously construed as "half a bite". The alternative "nybble" spelling parallels the spelling of "byte".

Did you get all of that? Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home