This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Goodbye Lakehurst Cinemas

Like its neighbor Lakehurst Mall a few years ago, the cinemas next door are being demolished today.

This was a happening place before Gurnee Mills came in. I don't have too many fond memories of this place, but if I wasn't at Lakehurst mall, I was probably here watching a movie.

That's all there was to do in Waukegan back in the day.

I believe a hotel chain is going up in its place.

See ya later ol' friend.

------>
Sent with a Treo 755P Smartphone

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

one of my fondest memories was doing donuts in the back parking lot one winter. :P

it will be missed nonetheless...

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

I think I remember when the mall got demolished... I'd never been. It's always a little sad to see places like that go, though. Like your memories are being demolished right along with the building. That happened with an old park I used to go to as a kid. They built a McDonald's on the property. So lame.

2:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home