This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

To Mac or not to Mac


So I'm in the market for a new home computer. Last year, I spent ridiculous amount of money for ONE stick of computer memory by a brand they don't even make anymore in the hopes of speeding it up a bit. It just isn't having it anymore.

I've maxed the 80 gig hard drive, loaded WAY too many USB toys on it, installed a TV tuner, paired it with a shiny new Xbox 360, and on and on. Even after doing a complete wipe and reinstall of the operating system late last year, it just isn't having it anymore. It's slow and some hardware is starting to fail.

The question is.... do I jump to the 'dark side' and get a Mac? Or a shiny new Windows Vista PC? Should it be a laptop or a desktop?

My top things this new box MUST do:
  • iTunes and music
  • image management (photos- lot's of 'em)
  • play nice with xbox 360
  • wireless networking
  • play nice with my Palm Treo phone
  • fast!
We shall see...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kellybelly said...

You know the saying... "Once you go Mac, you never go back!"

Anyway, to address your needs:

> iTunes and music
iTunes was an Apple application first and originally, so it works great on a Mac. The only issue would be that you'd have to re-format your iPod on a Mac if you ever want to update it (but it'll sync just fine formatted as Fat32).

> image management
iPhoto is preinstalled on all Macs

> play nice with xbox 360
Connect360 works pretty well; got it running on my box.

> wireless networking
AFAIK, all Macs come with a built-in Airport card, and I've never had problems joining networks or connecting to any machines.

> play nice with my Palm Treo phone
I have no complaints, and can sync pretty much anything (iTunes, RSS feeds, etc.)

> fast
again, no complaints.

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the awesome info!

12:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home