This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Smoke Free At Last


I was glad, ecstatic actually, to find out Illinois lawmakers have voted to ban smoking in bars, restaurants and other public workplaces. The ban would take affect Jan. 1 of 2008.

According to the story on the CBS2Chicago website:

"The new law would ban smoking in every public place, every place of employment, every college dormitory, and even in not-for-profit private clubs like cigar bars, as well as within 15 feet of entrances to public places."

I know to expect people smoking when I go to bars, which is something I've dealt with over the years. And I don't doubt that it's doing me harm in one way or another. I don't believe for one second when bars or restaurants say they'll be "devastated" when the smoking ban goes into affect. Truth is, non-smokers now outnumber smokers, and people will still want to eat, drink, and have a good time with their friends when they go out.

So the days of smelly clothes and foggy bars are numbered, and I'll soon enjoy a nice meal in a restaurant without having to ask people to kindly put out their cigarette while I eat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Personally, I'm a smoker, and I have no problem with the ban. I feel bad smoking inside a restaurant anyway. Unless it's in a completely separated room with closed doors [The IHOP in Kenosha has a room like that for smoking customers.]. Of course people are gonna bitch, but they can get over it. Stepping outside is not that difficult. Laterz~

6:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home