This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, August 13, 2007

Running Log 8/13/07

Total Miles: 4.0
3.10 Mi. in 33.4 minutes.
Total time run: ~40 minutes
Avg. speed: 5.5 mph.
Grades: 4% (x4)

Another good run today. I made sure I was well hydrated, unlike the last time I was on the treadmill when I suffered some minor cramping when I hit just under 2 miles.

It's funny to feel some minor pain around 2.5 miles in my legs- this happens a lot. It's as if my legs are saying, "So we're in this for the long haul, eh? OK then..." and then the minor pain begins to subside after three minutes or so, and then I feel great the rest of the way. Perhaps taking just a little bit more time stretching will help.

I put in about 4 grades in this run, raising the treadmill about 4%, and concentrated on keeping my pace uphill for about 1 minute each. Not too bad. I'll have to raise it higher next time.

I'm still averaging a 10 minute mile, and I want to get it to around 7 minutes. I'll be cross training the rest of the week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home