This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Missing the sunshine

I don't think I'm quite over this whole time change thing. Seriously. This is all compounded by the fact that I miss heading over to the forest preserve after work to get my runs in. With the sun setting closer and closer to 4:30pm, there is no hope since I leave at 4, and the park closes at sunset.

It's time to put in the runs in the dark.

It's not that I don't like running at night, I mean, I love it. Since the time change, I've had a hard time getting motivated to put on my night running gear, and instead am resorting to running during my lunch hour during the day. Even then, I can only get, at most, fourty minutes of running in. It's fine, but it's kind of a hassle getting out of my work clothes, into running gear, and back on with the work clothes within the span of an hour or less.

I'm whining, so bear with me.

This feeling will be over soon. I'm also using the fact that they're paving my subdivision, and it's unsafe for me to get out there for fear of falling into some kind of pot hole. I hope they wrap up that construction by this weekend so I can get out there.

Speaking of weekends, I've missed a couple of long runs as well. It's strange not being on some kind of training schedule, but I like it. I know it's not going to last long since I have a few smaller races in mind for the end of the month.

I just have to get out of this funk. Perhaps a nice, long run this Saturday will help me get out of it. Sounds like a great idea.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home