This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Running Doldrums

Well friends, it's been a little while.

I haven't been running much. My rather annoying left hip flexor injury, or whatever it is, is in its fourth weak of healing. I ran a few miles the first couple of weeks, but decided to ratchet it down quite a bit the remaining two. The past week, I didn't run at all.

This is one of those annoying "injuries" that only pops up when I've run a couple miles or so. I guess that's the reason I keep enclosing the word in quotes. I'm not hobbling, limping, or favoring the leg at all, but still icing it and massaging it daily. It's a rather dull pain, but scary enough to keep it toned down.

There's a pretty good chance come Monday, I'll be making a call to have an eval done as a precaution. I've actually been through this before last winter with my right leg, so it's nothing new. I thank the lovely treadmill for it.

I'm afraid my plans for running the Rockford Marathon on May 16 are in jeopardy. I've been unable to clear the 6 mile mark on any of my runs, when I should be in the 25-miles-per-week range. Even if I was to start my training where I'd left off, I'd be jumping into heavy mileage too quickly.

I'm staying positive, though. I'd just like to get this out of the way before the real racing season picks up. I really, really want to run.

Until next time, friends!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin said...

Good to see you are writing over at Lake COunty Blogs now, too. Hope this one does not suffer. :)

Hope the recovery goes well and I will see you on the trails this Spring.

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kevin. I'm pretty sure I won't be neglecting this blog any time soon :)

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home