This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Camping times

Canoing in the Dells
-Canoeing on the Wisconsin River in the Dells area.

Wow. So many photos on the phone I've yet to post anywhere! I've been bad, really bad.

I was excited to actually do some camping again this year. On this trip, Katie and I headed up to Point Bluff Resort near the Wisconsin Dells area in late August. It's a spot I've been going to for years, and was excited to see it again after a long time of not going. It was a bit noisier than I remember, but we were camping, after all. The river is beautiful this time of year.

I did plan on doing a 20 mile run while I was up there, but it was not to be. Trying to do a big run like that when I'm out of my "comfort zone" (i.e. home) was a bit more difficult than I imagined. As a matter of fact, many of my training runs for the marathon suffered this year, but I'll save that for another post.

The canoe trip down the river took about three and a half hours to complete. We were spotting bald eagles high above the trees, and the turtles that were laying along the bank. The entire trip is quiet and peaceful, which is why I like it so much. We both managed not to tip over, and came out mostly unscathed!

Another photo is here.

I simply can't wait to get out there again next summer. Maybe we'll hit Cedar Point or the Apostle Islands in northern Wisconsin...

Something to daydream about during the long and dreary winter for sure.

PS: I've updated my races and finish times for this year along the right side on my main page.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home