This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, May 30, 2011

Splish Splash I Need A Bath!

I'm resting up as I write this after running a decent 13 mile run on Saturday. This comes after a 3 miler Friday afternoon, with a decent four hour "nap" in between. This is sort of a carbon copy of last weekend, except I had an official 13 mile half marathon to run on Sunday- the Splish Splash half-marathon at Keylime Cove in Gurnee. That race wasn't my best performance, finishing in an unofficial 2:06- that's about 13 minutes beyond my personal best in the half at 01:53. It got dang hot! But it was more of a practice run for the Ragnar Relay coming up here in a couple of weeks.

I hadn't run a race that big since the Chicago Marathon back in October. Plus, how could I miss running a half marathon in Gurnee of all places! I can now admit to being partly responsible to holding up traffic on busy Grand near Gurnee Mills. And I got to run through Great America and UNDER the American Eagle. How cool is that? It was the inaugural running of this race and I think a first for Gurnee. It was a really nice experience despite the rather slim spectator turnout. I hope it becomes an annual thing and more people turn out. The post-race buffet at Keylime Cove was really awesome. There was a HUGE spread of all kinds of goodness, and a band to boot. Applause to Splish Splash for a job well done.

The Ragnar Relay is in a couple of weeks, so my training has been focused on that. I have a string of double digit long runs planned, including 13.1 last weekend, 13 this weekend, and and another 10 next Saturday. Even though I only have a total of 19 miles to do over three legs, it still feels good to finally be hitting big mileage.

More photos from the race can be found here.

I can't wait for this thing to begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home