This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Running Log 8/22/07

Total miles: 3.10
Time: 31 minutes, 43 seconds
Avg. speed: 6.0 mph
Grades: 5% (x3)

Another good run. I peaked out at 6.5 miles per hour during the last mile and beat my last time of 33.4 minutes - still a little higher than I'd like. The three grades I threw in were not too bad at the higher speed.

I had a couple of goals I wanted to accomplish during this run:

Goal: Looking at your surroundings

One fear everyone has is falling off of a treadmill at high speed. An even bigger fear is falling on the ground while running outside at high speed. Since I've always looked forward during my run on the treadmill, I decided to practice looking around, simulating looking around at the other runners around me. It takes quite a bit of balance to do, and clipping on the Emergency Stop clip to my shirt added to my confidence!

Goal: Drinking water while running

I hadn't done this in a while. It's tricker than you think, and quite messy. I resisted pouring it over my head for fear of wrecking the treadmill.

Future goals:

Faster time per-mile, using conventional stretching exercises instead of the stretching cage.

A couple of things I noticed:

  • The factory iPod earbuds SUCK for running. They slip out and the cord is annoying. It may be time to invest in ear-hook earbuds or these great looking Motorola bluetooth headphones.
  • I'm trading in my cotton shirt for a good running shirt. The fabrics in these shirts take away the moisture from your skin and are quite comfortable. The cotton t-shirts I wear get too heavy when soaked. Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home