This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Sept. 16, 5K Race Details









*** This article is updated frequently ***

For those that are interested...

I know some of you have asked me in the past about the details of my 5K race this coming Sunday, Sept. 16, and I didn't have much to go on. So here are the details if you're interested in coming by to cheer on the runners:

What:
Condell Distance Classic 5K/10k Race

Where:
For internet directions, use 900 Garfield Ave., Libertyville, IL 60048 as your destination. Condell Medical Center campus is easily accessible via Condell Drive (located on Milwaukee Ave./Route 21 between Route 176 and Golf Road). There is free parking in the Condell lots.

**Added 9/14: Head for the water tower when you enter the Condell park. The Start/Finish lines are near it along with the parking lots.

(PDF map of route)


View Larger Map

When:
Sunday, Sept. 16
My run starts at 8:10 a.m. sharp in the 5K class. I will be arriving between 7 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. for warmups. I hope to finish in about a half hour- around 8:40 or 8:45 a.m., unless I pass out or have a heart attack, whichever comes first.

Why:
I will be reviving my high school Cross Country days when I loved to long-distance run! I don't plan on breaking any records, but hope to just complete my first race and accomplish my goal after many weeks of working towards it.

I will have my cell turned on until race time should you need to reach me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home