This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, August 31, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

CIMG1446

They let me out of my cage a little early this Friday, so I went to Independence Grove to fiddle around on the laptop on the pier overlooking the lake. This is Lake County's finest forest preserve, and I try to get there every chance I get. The view from here is just beautiful.

Labor Day weekend kind of came as a surprise to me. I didn't notice the three day weekend until I opened my calendar at the beginning of this week. It was a little sad in a way because it meant that summer is winding down. I can already see the shadows are looking a little different these days as we move towards.. cough... cough... winter. The summer has been OK to me. I've had some great times, and some personal dissapointments. But thats fodder for another post.

The weather looks to be just dandy this weekend, so I'm going to spend it outdoors as much as I can. Perhaps I'll hit the beach, and join some friends for some good 'ol softball on Monday. I'll also be hard at work training for my upcoming 5K race on September 16- joy!

So I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I'll be posting again soon I'm sure.

I have some new photos up on my Flickr page, so check them out if you're able.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home