This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

We all need Chaos, don't we?

You know the routine. You probably live it every day.

You wake up, take a shower, get dressed, maybe make a cup of coffee, make your lunch, get in your car, go to work, maybe see the same people also going to work, earn you dollar, come home, watch TV, and go to bed only to start over again.

Then, something drastic happens to you to throw everything off completely. Sometimes I think these little events are supervised by a Higher Power to test you.

Like cars that don't start in the morning, for example. A car not starting for you on a work day is like being tied down and having your right arm severed by little elves with sharp plastic spoons while they poke your eardrums with drinking straws. Sure, you're annoyed, and maybe a little pissed off, but what are you going to do?

My car didn't start this morning. I knew something was up when it was having trouble cranking up the past couple of days. You know... then you start to think about what COULD happen, but wait to see what WOULD happen, and then hope that it DOESN'T happen. And when it DOES happen, you're like, damn! I knew it...

You see, I had my car battery replaced two months ago, so I didn't suspect it was the problem. I thought it could be the starter or something. Hell, I can barely change the oil in a frying pan let alone try to figure out how to change the oil in the car on my own. I don't know squat about them except to know how to make them go fast.

Long story short- running a little late, car doesn't start, I try a jump start and nothing. Then I sit back and figure out my options one by one. Fortunately, I got a ride to work, and then I had to have my car towed, and then swap cars again so I have a ride to school.

The auto mechanic people ended up replacing the bum battery they gave me with a new one, and paid for my tow. Everything turned out fine in the end.

We all need this once in a while, I guess, to see how we will react. Perhaps test our patience or see how we handle unexpected surprises.

Have you ever taken a shower and started opposite of where you normally do? Like start at your feet and work your way up to a shampoo? I have...

It will fuck with your head the rest of the day. Seriously.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home