This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

And so it begins



I woke up this morning hearing of our first winter storm advisory! I have to run a 5 mile race tomorrow morning, lord. Geez!

I've done outdoorsy stuff in extreme cold before. I fished a bass tournament in 20 below weather with 35 below wind chills at a power plant lake in southern Illinois. Believe it or not, I was comfortable the whole time, so I'm no stranger to knowing how to dress in cold weather. Running, however, is a different story.

Let's see... forecast is for 35 degrees with rain/snow mix. The lowest temperature I've run in was 41 degrees. The books say to dress in layers and expect to get 20 degrees warmer than air temperature when running. My feetsies are probably going to get wet, so bring extra socks. Hat... check, gloves... check, pants, running jacket, blah blah. I'll be dreaming of a sunny 80 degree day.

I'll spend today eating some good meals and hydrating properly. I've got class today and then hit the gym for a walk later, then off to bed early. The race begins at 9 a.m. in Chicago's Lincoln Park Thanksgiving morning.

Watch this space for updates on my progress, and then pictures later.

I'd like to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home