This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reliving the music

downtown project

I was rummaging through photos on my hard drive when I ran across this image, which is a compilation of photos taken by myself and other photographers in 2002. This image was slightly modified and placed on this plaque that was presented to the City of Waukegan as thank you for their support of local musicians and artists at the time. The plaque was hung in a hallway at Waukegan City Hall.

It was nice to relive some of the best years of local music in the area by looking at this photo. The music scene was at its peak back then. It's a bit quieter nowadays, but the local bands are still there even though there aren't many places to play.

I would love to start up my band photography again, which was put on hiatus mainly because my camera is showing its age. Perhaps I'll look into getting a nicer one someday soon and hit up some shows to see how they turn out. I'm sure I'm a bit rusty!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home