This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, November 16, 2007

It really is all about the heart



I was moved by this incredible story of Ohio high schooler Claire Markwardt who sustained multiple fractures in her left leg just a few meters from the finish line at the Ohio state cross country championship two weeks ago.

She made a commitment to run her school's state meet her senior year after seeing the meet from the stands a year earlier.

Anything is possible if your heart is in the right place at the moment you need it most- to think not only of yourself, but of those who are counting on you finish what you set out to accomplish.

You can read the entire story on ESPN.com here.

(Claire appears in the YouTube video about 2 1/2 minutes in)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home