This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, March 28, 2008

Shamrock Shuffle 3 days and counting

My Shamrock Shuffle 2008 running bib

Picked up my race packet today!

I'm really looking forward to my first race of the year this coming Sunday. I'll be joining a sold out field of 30,000 runners for the annual Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago on March 30th!

The distance is 8K, or 5 miles, through the streets of downtown Chicago which include swings through Grand Ave, State st., Jackson Blvd., Michigan Ave., and finishing (also starting) in Grant Park.

See a map of the course here.

I'm looking to best my 8K time at last year's Turkey Trot of 00:53:54. The time of my last training run of 5 miles took 45 minutes, so I feel great about beating my personal record.

The forecast calls for a chance of rain, but I'm going all out because I'm so looking forward to it- and the beers at the after party!

I'm sure I'll do a full report post-race.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home