This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Boys Chasing Girls

Ever since missing my Rockford half-marathon race, I've been itching to run a race. I haven't run anything since the Shamrock Shuffle back in March.

So on a whim, I signed up for the Skirt Chaser 5K in Arlington Heights this Saturday. It's a fun and unique race where the women runners, in these great looking running skirts of course, get a three minute head start in front of the men. The first one to cross the finish, guy or girl, gets $500.

These races are great motivators to keep up my training- the 13.1 mile Chicago Distance Classic is only eight weeks away.

This one sounds like a hoot!

And how can you beat a block party with music and free beer for the runners afterwards?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm running that one too! I'm running that one too!!!!!! I think it's gonna be a GREAT time!!! :-)

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Should be fun! I'm looking forward to it. Good luck! Perhaps we'll run into each other for beer afterwards!

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

I have one of their skirts....that's it. Have a good time!

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be there with my skirt on enjoying many a beer!! :-D I think I'm more looking forward to the after party than the race itself!

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home