This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, May 16, 2008

Waiting for the stars to align

Well, it doesn't look like the stars are lining up for me to make it to the Rockford marathon on Sunday for my 13 mile race.

I'm in the middle of my company's enormous server upgrade this weekend that will have me working some long hours tonight (Friday) and possibly through Sunday.

Of course the project wasn't supposed to happen this weekend, but the hardware is needed now more than ever, and we're moving quickly on it.

I supposed that's OK, though. I've barely slept all week, I've been eating like crap, and I haven't kept very loose for the 13 miles I'm supposed to do. That, and the window for picking my race packet up in Rockford before Sunday is getting smaller and smaller- no race packet, no run.

If things go well Saturday at the office, perhaps I'll do 13.2 miles in the city somewhere on Sunday and time myself- just for fun.

Next, I have the the Chicago Distance Classic half-marathon on August 10 before the Chicago Marathon, but I'm sure I'll squeeze in a small race or two before then.

See you all when I next come up for air!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That sucks! I would totally not be happy if my job kept me from running a race that I signed up (and paid money) for!

Sorry to hear about it though!

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Just came across your post and wish you luck preparing for the Chicago Marathon.

Have never run the Distance Classic, but am thinking about it.

Please feel free to join some of us who are also getting ready for Chicago Marathon at Runners’ Lounge, http://www.runnerslounge.com, a friendly web site for runners. Everyone is welcome there.

Keep up your good posting and running!

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home