This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Treadmills are not my friend

For fear of starting my long run today and ending up drowning in ditch somewhere, I hopped on the treadmill.

For 9 miles and all of 1 hour and 34 minutes.

It's kind of like watching paint dry, except you're burning close to 1000 calories while doing it.

I looove running the roads, and don't look forward to running treadmills. Come to think of it, I haven't been on one since last winter. You see, the conditions outside have to be extremely bad for me to hop on one. Today was no exception, since the deluge of heavy rain kept me from running outside.

I regretted not going out on my way to the gym, but I soon realized I had made the right choice after seeing flooding all along my route. I would have been miserable indeed. Don't get me wrong, I love running in extreme conditions, but I just wasn't in the mood to get soaked.

Alas, the treadmill run wasn't so bad. I never thought I could be on that thing for an hour and a half. I have a much higher respect for people that can be on that thing for 10 or 20 miles! The most I've run on the 'mill is five miles, and that was very early on in my training.

Something tells me it won't be the last time, since winter is right around the corner.

I better start making peace with the 'mill while I'm ahead!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

I chose the extreme conditions, and saw flooding, lightning, thunder... and ended up stuck out on a trail in pouring rain and a black sky when the tornado sirens went off. It was a truly miserable run. You made the right choice!! Next time, I'm doing the 'mill.

7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home