This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Was CDC course too long?

Go figure.

According to this article in ChicagoTribune.com posted Tuesday, race organizer John Bingham has acknowledged the mistake and apologized to the runners. The official website confirms it

I knew something was fishy after taking a closer look at my mile splits on my GPS. After mile 7, I started to notice that the miles were clocking in almost .2 to .3 tenths over what they should be. I didn't think much of it at the time, but the article confirms the course was 0.1668 miles too long.

It doesn't look like it affects my official finish time, though. Perhaps my GPS time of 01:56:15 was right after all?

I'm just getting over being sore from Sunday, so I've been taking it easy this week with just a 7 mile run planned for Saturday. This is a good thing considering I've got the following long runs scheduled:

Aug. 23: 17 miles
Aug. 30: 20 miles
Sept. 6: 16 miles

Yikes!

Despite not knowing what to expect on these long runs, I simply cannot wait to get started on them!

I've been watching the Olympics all week with a new appreciation for what these athletes have to go through to get where they are now- the training, the pain, the dedication... it really puts a whole new perspective on it and makes watching the games a bit more enjoyable.

That's it for now. The end of summer is right around the corner, so I have to hit the beach this weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home