This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Big Race Tomorrow!

Well, it's here.

My big race is tomorrow- all 13.1 miles of it. I'm getting a little nervous, but am trying to relax as much as I can today. I'm fairly satisfied with my training up to now, so it's all or nothing.

The weather is turning out to be perfect- not blazing hot and humid. Thank goodness!

I have three goals for tomorrow:

1. Finish to qualify for one of the Chicago Marathon start corrals (finish in 1:50 max).
2. Finish in under 2 hours.
3. Just finish and love every minute!

My only recent concern was needing to replace a broken hydration bottle, but I managed to find one at the race expo today, which made me happy.

I'll be starting in wave 2 about 2 to 5 minutes after 6:30 a.m. near the "2:00" yellow pace sign, and wearing bib #261.

The rest of today will be spent relaxing with a nice dinner before heading to bed early since I have to wake up around 3 a.m. for the drive to the city!

See you all on the flip side.

Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home