This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Only 11 Days and Counting!

It's been a little while since I've posted, and I've got a couple of posts I'm working on, but I thought I'd chime in really quick...

I've been a little busy, well, running.

The Chicago Distance Classic half-marathon is a week from this Sunday! I've put in 23 miles since last Saturday, and Monday has been my only rest day. This Thursday I'm due for 3 miles, and Saturday will be my last big run of 11 miles until next weekend. I've been doing my runs pretty late in the day due to the heat, so I haven't been getting in until 9 p.m. or so (hence the lack of posts).

The new shoes already have 13 miles on them, and are working out quite nicely. I'm not sure if I'll wear them for the Classic, but I'll know better come Saturday. My shins are still quite shocked that my feet are running in something comfortable for a change.

Next week will be spent with very little running, lots of resting, lots of eating to fuel up, more resting, getting nervous, and trying to relax before the big day.

The 12 mile run I put in a couple of weekends ago really instilled a lot of confidence in me finishing the 13.1 miles in close to 2 hours. Still, anything can happen. Despite the 6:30 a.m. start time, I hope to be ready to rock and roll right out of the gate along with over 10,000 other runners.

A map of the course can be found here. I found the course a bit intimidating at first considering how big it looks on the map, but NOT as intimidating as the course for the Chicago Marathon - that one is just plain scary! Good god, what did I get myself into?

The info on the Distance Classic can be found here if you so wish to learn more.

Until next time!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home