This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, July 25, 2008

Will Work for Shoes



Got my new kickers yesterday! The new Defyance by Brooks! I swear, putting these on after running in my old clunkers for over a year now was like night and day- kind of like running with pillows on my feet. And the colors are loud, which I like!

I don't think I've ever paid so much for shoes, but it wasn't even a factor since keeping my legs happy is so important to me. I also found out that they're a Runner's World Editors Choice! Woot!

Getting fit for these by the fine folks at Fleet Feet Sports in Chicago was quite a hoot. They measured my foot in all kinds of ways, had me jog around the store, quizzed me on my running habits, and then brought out a pile of shoes that would best fit me. Good news is that I'm a "neutral" runner- nothing about my gait is out of whack.

Gave them a little whirl today, but my legs are still toast from Wednesday's hard 7-miles. They'll get a good work out on Monday for an easy 4 mile run. The store has a great return policy, so I can always exchange them if I need to.

My old clunkers will get a 10 mile workout in Chicago on Saturday, so I'm not quite done with them yet. The store recommended I don't do big miles in the new shoes right away.

Thanks to those of you who offered advice on my shoe struggles! I think they'll do great.

Chicago here I come.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home