This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Is this how you're supposed to feel...?

...perhaps... but I keep replaying this Sunday's race in my head. I mean, I've done smaller races to prepare me for this one, but it feeeels different. I kind of wish I wouldn't of missed Rockford so that I have the experience under my belt, but then again I'm glad I'm doing it in Chicago.

What do I do if this happens? and that... and this.. and that... like what happens if I start out too fast and don't have the gas to finish? Is this what other marathon newbies go through?

I keep telling myself to rely on my months of training. Don't do ANYTHING different and it will feel like another training run except with 10,000 other people. Heck, I've run 12 miles already, what's another 1.1 miles?

But I think the butterflies are starting to flutter in my tummy.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Pfft, you'll be fine. I only did 11 miles on my half marathon training so when I saw the 11 mile mark, I knew that everything from there on out was new territory. 1.1 miles isn't that much of new territory. You'll do great! :-)

Also, what I did was brought my camera (size of a pack of ciggys) and took pictures along the way. Took the mundane off of the race.

9:53 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement Lindsay! I'm really looking forward to it.

Happy running.

11:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wait until you are surrounded by a throng of thousands. Your muscles will be twitchy and you will be should to shoulder with a sea of anxious shoulders.

Can't remember how the CDC starts but start slow. There is a tendency for nerves to propel you out too fast. You are going to do great. Just enjoy the experience!

7:29 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kevin! I would imagine the start will be like the Shamrock Shuffle was this year except with tons more people. It kind of felt like you describe. Thanks for the kind words :)

10:03 AM

 
Blogger kara said...

Once you hit the 10 mile mark - You got it made!
Good luck on your half.
Looks like there are a lot of tweeters running races this weekend.
: )

8:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home