This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, August 04, 2008

And now I rest

Saturday's 11 mile run is done. I started out at Monroe and Lake Shore drive, headed south past the museum campus, and past Soldier Field with my turnaround 5.5 miles later near 47th st.

On my way back, I had a little fun with my last mile as a runner passed me as she was just 10 seconds or so faster than I was going at the time. I settled in just behind her for a good 5 to 7 minutes at about an 8:30 pace. I was feeling really good even after 10 miles and was able to keep it at a good clip.

Just before my finish point, I turned it way up and passed her before finishing really strong. I guess it was just a little psychological practice day fun as I pictured myself passing another runner at the finish line this Sunday.

I'll be taking it easy this week with just a couple of 3 to 5 mile runs to stay loose early in the week, and then rest up Friday and Saturday. I don't think it's hit me yet that I'll be doing the longest run of my life to date at 13.1 miles.

I have to plan where I'm going to have my pre-race dinner on Saturday night. I'm thinking pasta or a good steak... anyone want to join me? :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home