This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, July 13, 2009

Life gets in the way sometimes

Well, I'm in week #4 of my Chicago Marathon training- only 12 more weeks to go! I'm off to somewhat of a shaky start, as my weekly mileage has been somewhat scattered. I should say my weekday runs have been kind of scattered too, so I've been concentrating on my long runs on the weekends to make up for it.

I spent quite a bit of time with work issues last week, and that threw everything off- from my running schedule, eating, rest... I didn't run for over 5 days straight until this past weekend, where I did 4 miles on Saturday, and 10 on Sunday to complete the 14 miles I had on my schedule for the long run.

Life will get in the way sometimes, I guess. Still, I feel strong, and I have no injuries holding me back, which was quite a contrast from the winter season. The bruise I suffered during my hill runs at Devil's lake the last weekend of June is still slightly sore, but doesn't bother me as much any more. Feeling 100% feels really good.

I'm back on track this week. Although it's a cut-back week, with only 20 miles total, I'll be putting in a little extra since I slacked off last week. Saturday the 25th will be my longest run since last year's marathon at 16 miles. It just goes up from there.

With that, I leave you with a picture I shot during my 10 mile run on Sunday on the Des Plaine's River Trail somewhere between Libertyville and Vernon Hills, IL.

10 mile run on Des Plaines River Trail

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Love the picture!

I know what you mean. I worked pretty much non-stop from 7/5 through 7/12 without a break except to sleep (and not a lot of it). So much for two weekends. It does get in the way of real life.

I mirror your thoughts on the "feeling 100%" I am finally there. I have no injuries, and feel generally good about Chicago. But PANIC every time i realize it's just 12 WEEKS AWAY!!

It will be good to go through the racing motions at L&C. --Alex

7:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home