This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Summertime Outdoor Rock N' Roll


Yesterday, I headed down to beautiful Independence Grove forest preserve in Libertyville to catch their weekly free outdoor concert series in the plaza. Boy was I impressed!

(forgot my camera, so up there is a shot from my 755P)

I've always wanted to check the shows out, and to my surprise, even after arriving 45 minutes early, the main lot was already full. I wasn't expecting so many people to be down here, but I was blown away as to how popular this event was- and what a perfect setting.

It was a bit like a mini-Ravinia festival. People had their lawn chairs spread out and the wine flowing. Spoken Four provided the entertainment and people were dancing and screaming out the cover tunes. H made fun of the singer's tiny voice, and we both chuckled at the backup tracks they were playing to. Being the local music fanatic that I am, I could barely name any of the popular artists they were playing.

Nothing beats an outdoor concert in the summer, and I'm sure I'll be back for more. Besides, the sunsets at this preserve are a quite the site to see.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home