This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, October 08, 2007

Running Log 10/8/07

Date: Saturday, Oct. 6
Total miles: 4.0
Total time: 40:02
Pace: 10:00.05 / mile
Grades: 3x at 5% for 1 minute each

I got up later than I wanted to on Saturday morning, so my original plan to run my 4 miles outside changed to going to the gym and hitting the treadmill. The temperature was already up in the upper 70’s when I was ready to run around 10:30 a.m. Considering I had a late night out at the Bad Religion concert the night before, I didn’t feel I was hydrated enough to take on the heat (darn beer!).

I still have to shave 5 minutes off of the 4 miles I did to compete with my 5K pace, but not too bad of a time. I got a brief scare while running one of the 5% grades at full speed (6.5 mph) when I felt a sharp pain in my left knee. After walking it off for a minute, I felt no pain when I started back up again. I was stupid not to back off my speed while doing those grades- I would naturally do this on pavement. Still, I think I need to do some more hill training to strengthen up.

I learned some good lessons checking out the Chicago Marathon this past Sunday. My heart goes out to the family of Chad Schieber who died during the intense heat of the race, and congrats to all of those runners that finished, and didn’t get to finish.

Next to stregnth training each day- Monday is sprint day, Wednesday I will do another 4.5 miles, and my long run for Saturday will be 5 or 6 miles.

Baby steps.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart man! Beer + late night + early morning run = BAD NEWS! I learned that lesson the hard way...tried to do a 9 mile run in the middle of a summer afternoon...running on 3 hours of sleep and lots of beer. It's a miracle I lived to tell the tale!

5:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home