This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, October 05, 2007

Week End Thoughts

I did it! Rumors of an old hag that was seen riding around on a bicycle wearing men's pants during my recent trip to Kettle Moraine State Park were proven true when I managed to capture her near our campsite. It is said she lived in an old, abandoned barn house near our campground!

In all seriousness, I can't wait to get outside again for another camping trip before colder weather sets in. I'd like to either hike, rent a kayak, or do some trail running. We'll see how that goes...

I submitted my registration for my second 5K race on Oct. 21 in Fox River Grove, IL. The winding course is said to be one of the most challenging in the Chicago area- I hope that's the case! I find that setting small goals really helps my conditioning and keeps me motivated to keep up my running. More details in another post.

Speaking of motivation, I'll be volunteering at the 2007 Lasalle Bank Chicago Marathon this Sunday, October 7, as part of the Starting Line Volunteer team responsible for making sure the runners are where they're supposed to be at the start of the race. This is my goal marathon in 2008- 26.2 miles through the greater part of downtown Chicago. It will be good to be around the runners as they complete the race, and I hope the memory of the event will carry me through a long winter of conditioning for next year.

Tonight I'm heading out to the House of Blues in Chicago to see Bad Religion- a long time favorite of mine. I have a long run scheduled for Saturday morning (4.5 miles), and then I'll catch the Cubs game later in the day before heading to bed early. I have to be up at 3 a.m. for the marathon on Sunday (!)

Oh yea... the Cubs... two games lost... three to go. They need the best out of five games against the Diamondbacks to advance.

And yes, I still hold hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home