This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Eyes have it

For the longest time I've always said I would take some time off in the winter months to get Lasik surgery done on my eyes. I'm VERY near sighted and have been since I was really young. Without glasses or contact lenses, I can't see a darn thing!

My sister had it done with good results. I've known other people that had it done that rave about it, and others not so much. I think the technology has improved since they've started doing the procedure, so I shouldn't have anything to fear- or so my optometrist says.

Still, I've gotten so used to maintaining my contact lenses, that they don't bother me much. It would be nice not to have to fuss with them when I'm camping, or when riding a jet ski without having to put on nerdy goggles.

Then again, having a laser beam slice through my eye is not a comforting thought. I pick the winter months to do this only because I'm not as active as I am in the warmer months, and I can stay away from the office since it's slower this time of year.

I just don't know. I should really research it further, and talk to more people that have had it done. I've just gotten into the routine of dealing with my lenses that actually doing the procedure feels like I'm taking a risk I don't really need to take.

Something to think about.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi bro,
Not sure if I told you my procedure so here is a quick recap. Instead of lasik because my doctor said that there had been enough research to say that there had been reported problems such as your eye not healing correctly or dry eyes. I had lasEk. The difference, instead of cutting the top layer of your eye doing the laser then placing it back to hope it heals correctly. With lasek they remove the top layer and do the laser then you have to wait for it to grow back. This is my version completely I'm no doctor, it takes longer to heal about a month for me. And much more painful. With lasik from what I've heard your in and out and go back to work the next day. So yes I say it was worth it I couldn't wear contacts anymore and glasses were a pain. I do still have dry eyes.

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home