This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, December 31, 2007

Farewell 2007. It's been nice.

So another year is done.

I credit 2007 for introducing me to new adventures, new people, new challenges, and for giving me insight as to what 2008 will bring. On the other side of that, in some ways I'd like to wish a farewell to 2007 and hope it never comes back.

As some of you close to me know, the relationship I was in ended this year. I wouldn't trade those four years for anything in the world. I knew that I was finally happy, and thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with her, but it wasn't meant to be. God has other plans for me, and I leave it to Him to lead the way, just as He has always done.

Ending that chapter in my life has been one of the most difficult things I've ever had endure, and the wounds have yet to completely heal. Still, in the end, I know I will be happy if I keep a good heart.

On a lighter note, here are some of the goals I'd like to reach in 2008:

- In case you haven't noticed, I'd like to run and finish the entire 26.2 miles of the Chicago Marathon in 2008. This blog will tell of my journey as I complete that goal.

- A dedication to a healthy lifestyle. I'm already on my way, and hope to keep it up.

- Travel to a foreign country.

- Learn how to ride a mountain bike - extreme style!

- Fishing, and more fishing. I just don't do enough of it.

- See California again someway, somehow.

- Swim in the ocean.

- Do as much outdoorsy stuff as possible and try new adventures.

To my beautiful sisters: It was wonderful that we got to spend some quality time together doing cool things like Cubs games, Bulls games, and partying! I look forward to doing more. Those are very precious moments to me. I love you!

To my JstreetRadio family: You don't know how lucky I feel to know such amazing people. I feel blessed to be working with such a wonderful group of friends. You are like family to me, and dear to my heart. You make me laugh, you inspire me, you keep my spirits up. Thank you so much for all that you have done to keep the Jstreet spirit alive. I know we'll be rockin' in 2008!

And to you: I hope you've gotten to know me a little better, even though I have no idea who some of you are, but I know that you visit. I'm not one to reveal many things about myself in a public forum such as this one, but it helps me to open myself up a little more. Thank you for your interest in my life, and I hope you continue to see my world through my eyes.

Much love and see you on the flipside.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home