This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Monday, December 31, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

water bottle ice

I was wondering why I was having trouble getting water from my bottle during my six mile run Saturday - it froze!

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:06:06
Date: Saturday, 12/29
Time: 11:30 a.m.
Temp: 23 deg.

I don't remember feeling as strong on my other long runs as I did on this one. I could of run forever the way I was feeling. Looking at the numbers, I find it hard to believe I ran for over one hour straight. The temperature was the lowest I've run in to date, which would explain my water bottle freezing up. As long as I was comfortable, I was good.

I have absolutely loved my outdoor runs this winter. Everything is so peaceful. Nothing moves at 23 degrees except the pavement beneath my feet and the occasional barking dog. My focus is so intense that I forget all of my troubles, and when I'm done, everything seems right with the world, at least for that moment. I wouldn't trade that for the world.

I also noticed that this makes 100 miles run since I started recording them in October! That's an incredible number, and a nice goal to wrap up 2007.

Some other running goals I've reached:

- Ran my first 5K race in September after not having run a competitive race since high school.

- Beat my first 5K's time by 1 minute, 34 seconds at my 2nd 5K in October.

- Finished my first 8K in 00:53:54.

- Reached 6 miles after thinking I'd never get past 3.

- Registered for my first 13.1 mile Half-Marathon in 2008.

- 100 miles, baby!

My 2008 goals, running and otherwise, soon...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Great job! By the looks of things, you won't have any problem do well in your upcoming half marathon!

Congratulations on a great year!

1:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home