This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Running Log 12-15-07



Miles: 6.3
Total Time: 1h:07m
Avg. Pace: 10:40 /mile
Start Time: 11:00 a.m.
Temp: 27 degrees. Light snow.

Awesome! Great! Wonderful! Rad! Intense!

The last time I attempted a six-mile run I failed miserably due to a nagging knee problem at the time. Days of rehabbing the knee led up to a great, but careful, 5 mile run on Nov. 10.

Over a month later, the knee feels great, and I was elated to complete my 2nd attempt at 6 miles in about an hours time today. What makes it extra special is that I ran the WHOLE way through except for two one-minute walks for a drink. My pace the whole way through was 9 to 10 minutes per mile.

The outside temperature was about 27 degrees with a light snow. The streets were mostly wet with a snowy patch here and there. There was a light wind and a slight wind chill. What makes these runs in my neighborhood interesting is that there are a couple looong, gradual uphills which really make you work. It's hard to tell when I'm going up them until my breathing starts to get harder, and I have to make adjustments to get over the top without breaking pace.

The fun part was seeing the faces of people driving by me thinking I was wacko for running in this winter weather, and under a snow advisory.

Yea... it makes me happy to know that I can.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nitmos said...

Nice run. Don't let that (mild) winter weather deter you. That's often the best time to run.

10:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home