This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Chicago Marathon here I come

I got the news today that the Lasalle Bank Chicago Marathon (yes, the one where one person died and 100's injured) is scheduled for Sunday, October 12, 2008. This is my goal race and it will be set in stone once registration opens and I've "signed on the dotted line" to run.

So I will continue to condition myself to run until then. As of now, I plan to run a 13 mile half-marathon in the spring- probably Cincinnati, OH or Rockford, IL. Rockford is top on my list considering it is close to home and five months out.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jesse, Found your blog and am glad you're planning to run the Chicago Marathon. It's my favorite race of them all and wish you luck getting ready for it. Keep up your good running, training for your HM and posting.

9:43 PM

 
Blogger L*I*S*A said...

You'll love Chicago Marathon. I ran it twice, but I only count it as one and a half with last year's fiasco still fresh in my mind. :)

Good luck with your training!

10:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

Running my first half and full marathons next year after taking up running again since high school will be a life-changing experience for me I'm sure.

Very much looking forward to it!

2:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home