This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, December 07, 2007

Rockford Half-Marathon signed, sealed, and delivered

Well, it took me all of 24 hours to think about and finally commit to running the 13.1 miles of the Rockford, IL half-marathon on May 18, 2008. So, yes! I sent in my registration this morning.

That leaves me at little over 20 weeks to train, and then another 20 or so weeks after the half-marathon to prepare for Chicago's 26.2 miles in October.

At this point I'm feeling a little scared, anxious, excited, impatient, and optimistic all at the same time. The road to 26.2 miles is a long one (literally!). Will I make it? Fail miserably? Get injured? lose my motivation? I've never, ever done anything remotely like this before, but I'm ready to take on the challenge and the pain that comes along with it.

The days after Thanksgiving have been quite busy for me. I'm juggling around four different projects at the office, all involving some recent acquisitions my company has made. I'm also catching up on a lot of Jstreet stuff involving the radio show and website! Oh yea, and there's school... thank goodness classes are almost done, for now anyway.

Oh, almost forgot I've got to squeeze in Christmas shopping in there somewhere!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home