This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas is coming early



I'm awaiting the arrival any day now of my new toy- a Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS-enabled trainer for runners!

I'm off and "running" on my six week conditioning schedule starting with a light 2-mile run this past Monday. This GPS device that you wear on your wrist will accompany me on my runs keeping track of these things and more:

* Track satellites even near trees or tall buildings with Forerunner's high-sensitivity GPS receiver.

* Mark a new lap at a preset distance or time.

* Use AutoPauseĀ® to stop the timer automatically when you slow down or stop during your run.

* Transition seamlessly between sports without resetting the unit using the Multi-Sportā„¢ feature, so you can use it for multiple-sport events.

* Set a pace or distance alarm to sound an alert when you reach or exceed your target pace or distance.

* Mark specific locations, and then look up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.

* Retrace your steps to a starting point (Back to Start feature) or reverse your normal route for routine variation.

* Track and calculate calories burned over the course of a workout.

This year has been mostly good to me, so I thought I'd reward myself with a little treat to help me stay motivated doing what I love through 2008.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home