This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Spirit of the Marathon release

UPDATE: I found this neat snippet from the New Balance online blog containing a brief interview with the director of the film- a marathoner himself. Check it out!



One of the biggest running events of the year isn't a marathon, or any type of race for that matter, but a documentary-based movie.

The Spirit of the Marathon

I briefly mentioned this upcoming movie in a previous post. I'm super excited to find out it is being shown one-night only on January 24 at theaters near me!

From the marathonmovie.com website:

"Spirit of the Marathon is the first ever non-fiction feature film to capture the drama and essence of the famed 26.2 mile running event. Filmed on four continents, the movie brings together a diverse cast of amateur athletes and marathon luminaries.

As six unique stories unfold, each runner prepares for and ultimately faces the challenge of the Chicago Marathon. More than a sports movie, Spirit of the Marathon is an inspirational journey of perseverance and personal triumph; a spectacle that will be embraced by runners and non-runners alike."

So if you're curious about what it takes to train and run a 26.2 mile marathon, then I highly recommend this movie. The preview alone is enough to inspire me to pursue my dream of finishing the Chicago Marathon this year.

Want to come along? The one-and-only showing is January 24 at 7:30 p.m. and I'll be seeing it at the Gurnee Cinema in Gurnee, IL.

For tickets, visit fathomevents.com or active.com

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger L*I*S*A said...

I saw this movie as a premiere at the Chicago Marathon last year. It's fantastic. Period.

You'll love it.

3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home