This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Skirtchaser 5K- Race Day Log

Race: Skirtchaser 5K
Where: Runners High & Tri, Arlington Heights, IL
Time: 5:03 p.m. (3 minutes behind the girls!)
Length: 5K (3.11 miles)
Personal best in the 5K: 00:26:01:08

Right now I'm kind of just chillin' on the patio, enjoying a cold bottle of water!

I can't get over how weird it feels to be having a race in the late afternoon instead of the early morning. I don't know what to do with myself.

Anyway, so this is my first 5K (3.11 miles) this year. I'm joining up with a running group out of Chicago, and going to have a little fun. Although I don't *plan* on breaking any of my personal bests, I *will* take the opportunity to do so should the moment arise!

The only reason I hesitate to say I *plan* on breaking my record, is the simple fact that it feels awkward preparing for a race that's late in the day. Trust me, it really throws a wrench in how I prepare for these things! Whine, whine, whine.... It's all about training, Jesse.

My best time in the 5K is 00:26:01:08 which I ran at last October's Fox Chase in Fox River Grove, IL.

I ran two miles on Friday, and did a nice stretching session early this morning. Now I'm just hydrating like crazy since I'm sure it will be warm outside.

See you on the flipside, my friends. Race report soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

J -
It was a hot one....so don't feel bad if you did not meet your time. I know I did not.

I ran the race and found it to be 3.25 miles per my Garmin - which also is a PR killer.

Kelly
Arlington Hts.

7:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home