This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Things are looking up

This week Monday I actually got off my ass and gave the knee a nice and easy test run/walk on the treadmill for the first time in over three weeks. I just couldn't take not being active anymore. I'm very happy to report that everything went well, and I felt no pain after 3 miles. I did a set of 4 minutes run/1 minute walk for 40 minutes followed by stretching. To be honest, this workout felt so effortless, and the legs felt so good, that I couldn't keep the grin off of my face.

The right knee felt strong. I actually have a bit of scarring on the skin near the right knee cap from all of the icing I've put it through. On Wednesday, I did a quick 20 minute run, followed by a rigorous weight routine on the legs and core. Again, no knee pain whatsoever.

I can't begin to tell you how important it is for me to get better. Running is such an important part of my life that I can't imagine not doing it. Having two pain free workouts in a row was such a relief. Still, I'm being extra careful.

This weekend I'm going to attempt five miles of a run/walk. The St. Louis marathon is less than three weeks away, but I'm no longer concerned with finishing it. My focus is now going to be the Chicago Marathon in October. I'm going to ease back into running full speed, and I can't wait to jump into a race 100% healthy.

All I can do now is pray that I'll come out of this better than ever before.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home