This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jesse, Where Art Thou?

My goodness, I've been super busy around the office lately. They're practically doubling the capacity of our office building, and bringing in folk from one of our recent acquisitions.

The projects have been piling up, but I've kept on schedule, for the most part anyway. This is all good for job security and all, but I'm exhausted on the way out the door. This comes at the right time, since I've cranked down my workouts and running schedule ahead of my training for the Rockford half-marathon.

My lovely, chilly run last Sunday did a number on me! I've never been so sore in places I never new existed! It's a good sore, but it really wore me out. Would I do it again? Probably not, but I love training outdoors in the winter. Fortunately, the days are getting longer, and I'll have more light to run outside after work.

The little aches and pains that have bugged me since I started my "maintenance" running last December have pretty much gone away, and I know I'll feel good when my half-marathon training begins on Feb. 4. That's the point of rest, no? I have 6 miles to run on Saturday and that's it until the week after next.

Next week, I'll be having a little fun with this blog and posting a photo each day of the week about an event, or object related to my day. So come visit, will ya?

I can't believe how fast January has come and gone!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home