This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A little luck of the Irish

Running Log
Race: Shamrock Shuffle 8K
http://www.shamrockshuffle.com
Date: 3-30-08
Distance: 8K (5 miles)
Start: 9:45 a.m.


It's just after 6:30 a.m. as I write this. I hopped the first train out to Chicago at 5:45 even though my start time isn't until 9:45 a.m. The train after this one would arrive in the city around 8:30, and I felt that was pushing it a little- I just rather not rush.


My goals:

-Arrive at gear check at 8 a.m. and meet my group to diddle daddle a bit and eat something.


-8:45: Stretch for 30 minutes and find my start corral (as in cows). Looks like it's near the back of the field.


-9:30: Find the 9 minute-per-mile pace group and line up.


-9:45: Off I go!


Time to beat is 00:54 (8K personal best). Start off at a steady 9 minue pace for the first 3 miles and then up to an 8:20-8:35 pace the last two... Or something like that.


I've prepared for rain, but I've yet to see any. I feel good after a couple of days rest. Anything can happen, but I'm sure going to enjoy myself.


There's a free drink ticket attached to my running bib for the after party.


You better believe I'll need it.


----->
Sent with a Sprint Palm Centro Smartphone

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger L*I*S*A said...

How'd you do??!!

7:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home