This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

4th of July Holiday Days

Well, I'm giving myself an easy week off of running this holiday week after completing nearly 40 total miles in June. I did, however, sign up for a 5K race near home on the 4th of July as part of Antioch's Independence Day celebration. So, if you're near the area around 8 a.m. on Friday, come on down to cheer the runners on!

Click here for info and a map of the running route.

Since it's a light week of running for me, I'm hoping to get another crack at breaking my best 5K time of 00:26:01 after failing to do so at the Skirt Chaser 5K this past June. This race is certified and chip timed, so the final times will be official!

I'll be doing lots of fishing, and perhaps heading to the city to see the fireworks and check out the Taste of Chicago this weekend.

The month of July will have me running close to 90 total miles (oh crap!), so I'll enjoy this week off for sure.

I'll be sure to check in!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home