This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nappy, nappy, sleepy time

Action shot: 9 mile run 6-21-08
Action shot: Somewhere near mile 7 of a 9 mile run waiting for a light at Lake Shore Drive near Millennium Park, Chicago. Taking a water break.

See more action shots on my Flickr.


I'm tired today.

So, my Chicago marathon training is in full swing this week. I did 9 miles in the city last Saturday, 6 miles this past Monday, and I'm due for speed training today covering 5 miles.

Saturday I'm due to run 10 miles in the city again.

That would make a total of 30 miles run since last Saturday, and heading into this coming weekend.

On top of that, I started working out at my new gym this past Sunday, and was there yesterday, and will be there again during my rest days on Thursday and Friday.

I think it's the sleep that's the problem.

Somehow, somewhere, and probably starting in the winter of 2006-2007, I got into the bad habit of getting to bed very close to midnight and then getting up at 5 a.m. to go to work. Let's see, that's five hours of sleep. This was before I started consistently working out, and I got along just fine. I think I was having trouble sleeping through the night, and I read somewhere that If you stay up late until you're at the point of dozing off, you'll sleep better. Sure, it worked, but even now five hours isn't long enough anymore.

Perhaps it's better time management, or actually using my DVR to record whatever TV I'm watching at the time (which isn't much), or just read before going to bed so I'm not so wound up to have to stay awake so late.

Something has to happen soon so that it doesn't impact my training. I'm only a week into my 16 week schedule, and rest is super, super vital.

Right now I'm nursing a light pain along the left side of my right foot. It doesn't bother me much, and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm tying my shoes too tight. I've been having a heck of a hard time with that lately. I just know I'm due for new shoes soon, but I'd rather not deal with breaking in new shoes- I'll see how it works out in the coming days.

I can feel it now, sleepy time is near... oh wait... I'm at work. Maybe later.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you're due for new shoes soon, you're gonna want to break them in BEFORE the Chicago Marathon!

9:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home