This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coming up for air

I missed a workout today because I was just plain tired. It's Tuesday, and I have two more days left in the week in the office before taking some time off for the Thanksgiving holiday. Thank goodness. I've been a bit absent in Twitterland and I'm a little behind catching up with friends online.

Traditionally, this time of the year is pretty busy for me. A lot of the IT projects that are put on the back burner during the busy summer months, crank up in intensity now that people are taking some time off during the holiday season. Some of my projects require quite a bit of down time for the users, and since there aren't many around this time of year, I get to bring down systems that need work since they aren't so busy.

It's also a good time to clean things up, file things away, and straighten things out so I can start the year on a clean slate, sort to speak. I've never had so much junk laying around my desk! All of it needs a place to go. Even though things can get pretty crazy, there are days when it's just plain quiet since a lot of the warehouses shut down for a few days during the holidays.

Wednesday I head into the city to run with my CES group for six miles, and then the entire team will gather at a local bar later in the evening for a little meet and greet, which I'm really looking forward to. There are so many runners in this group, and each one has a unique story to tell as to how they got started in this great sport.

I can't wait to meet them all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home