This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pushing the pace: And loving it

Run log 11-15-08

I ran one of my fastest 8 milers today, besting my previous PR by almost 6 minutes! As I mentioned in my previous post, I'd like to push my pace a little harder now that I've "paid my dues" with all of my marathon training. It paid off today with a strong run throughout.

How about the sub-9 minute mile splits? :)

Running with a pace group has really helped me steady my pace throughout my run, where before I was pretty staggered with it. It helps to have people pushing you forward when you think you can't do it. It really does push your limits- but in a good way.

Next Saturday is my longest run since Chicago at 11 miles. It's a long way until then!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Nice Job, Jesse! You are getting stronger already!

6:32 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I've never felt better.

10:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home