This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The countdown to St. Louis begins

I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Three days from now I'll be running the Go! St. Louis half-marathon in St. Louis, Mo. I originally registered to run the full, but due to my recent battles with a bum right knee, and the fact that I'm way under trained to run 26.2, I'll be downgrading to the half. Even if the field for the half is full, I don't think they'll mind me taking the detour for 13.1 miles instead of 26- the first half of the route splits in different directions anyway.

Speaking of my bum knee, it has felt much, much better. I'm coming off of six and seven mile training runs since Saturday that I ran all the way through without walking. What a relief! I experienced no pain whatsoever. It was definitely a confidence booster and I think I'm just about 100%.

I think for the half, I'll be run/walking the first 6 or 7 miles, and then running the rest to the finish. I'm no longer shooting for a PR, but just going to have fun with it. There's no need to risk further injury to the knee. I won't be in a rush!

I'll be driving down early Saturday morning, getting to the expo Saturday afternoon, and then getting to the starting line on Sunday by 7 a.m. If you'd like to follow my adventures, just jump over to my Twitter page, or check back here for some updates.

Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nah, they won't mind. Their Facebook page says that you can downgrade at the Expo. That page has been so useful!

It's going to be a great looking race (in terms of area, not weather). Budweiser, Arch, buildings. The road construction will kinda suck but hopefully not too much.

Good luck and I'll see you Saturday afternoon at the Expo!!

1:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home