This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Sunday, April 05, 2009

On the road to recovery

Well, I'm happy to report that I wound up with zero pain in my right knee after a week totaling 10 miles! Woohoo! I know that's small potatoes, and WAY under where I need to be for my race in a couple of weeks, but it's a milestone considering what I've been through.

I was able to string a 3.5 mile run and a 5 mile run back to back on Friday and Saturday. I still kept to the 4 to 1 minute run/walk routine I've been doing all week. I get sooo tempted to just run all the way through, but I have to hold myself back and be patient. I was a little sore on Saturday after wards, but nothing like the pain I've felt in the past.

I think I'm going to stick with the 4x1 run/walk again this coming week and attempt a longer run all the way through on near the weekend. I'm going to continue my weight training, and stretching routines all week.

I've been bothered by some back issues since I've been laid off. I don't know if it's because I'm sleeping weird, or doing too much sitting. It's probably a combination of both. I do know that when I run, the back pains go away, so I'm hoping it's just a product of me not being as active as I have been.

Whatever it is, I'm putting my name in for one heck of a good massage after St. Louis.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Jesse, Sorry about the injury, but kudos to you coming back so wisely! --Alex

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Alex! I'm really itching to get out there again and I know I just need to be patient.

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home