This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Feed me Seymour! Feed me!

A unique side affect of my conditioning in preparation for next years Chicago Marathon is that I'm a bit hungrier than usual! I guess as I pile on the miles (now up to 12 a week) and burn those calories, my body is constantly telling me I need fuel to keep it up. Still, I'm not straying too far from my regular eating schedule, but my meals are a little bigger and packed with healthy goodness- at least I'm trying!

It's really interesting how in tune I've gotten with what my body is telling me, depending on how hard I'm working at the time. If I didn't have my usual "power" snacks in the 4 hours between lunch and my workouts, I don't have enough energy to keep up. Even the breathing helps- three breathes to every step (3 in and 3 out) as opposed to two breathes for every step (2x2 per step) extends my runs even longer as the muscles get more oxygen to work harder.

So it's 9 a.m. on a Wednesday morning and I'm thinking a 12 inch pizza would be good right now! Cheese and pepperoni, or just cheese? And throw in a bagel for good measure, please.

Decisions decisions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home