This is my life. Sometimes shown through the eye of my camera phone, and sometimes not. I'll talk running, gadgets, music, and whatever else I stumble on to

Friday, October 10, 2008

It's all or nothing!

Training Hazzards

Finishing up a five mile run outdoors in my winter running gear in near 70F temperatures. Comfy? No... Necessary? Probably yes, considering the forecast high of near 80 for Sunday.

I just finished up my breakfast: Five pancakes, 3 scrambled eggs with 3 slices of smoked ham, tall glass of orange juice, and a bowl of mixed fruit. Last night I had a sirloin steak, baked potato with mixed vegetables, and a beer. This has been the norm the past week or so (actually all summer!) and the funny thing is my pants from last year still fit me :-)

The past couple of runs this week, I've grown more concerned about the increasing pain in my left calf muscle. It probably sprung up after this run, but lay dormant until now. All I can do now is ice it and rest it as much as possible. It doesn't hamper my pace at all... it's just there, and it bugs me.

There's no turning back now. Pain or no pain, I'm going to run through it. I'll have plenty of time after Sunday to rest and rehab it.

It's all or nothing now.

And many thanks to those of you wishing me well!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger runner-grrl said...

Hey, jesse! You are going to do awesome!! I have a nagging pain also, going to just suck it up. It's the heat I'm worried about anyway. Rock on!! -Alex

1:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it, J-street Jesse!!! Me and the boys are rooting for you!

-Rockabilly Jon and Flaming Boner!

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Jon- Thanks guys! You all will be in my thoughts!

6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home